Ruby on Rails Developer
Oozou is hiring experienced Ruby on Rails developers to work on-site in our Bangkok offices. We look for a certain set of qualities in our development staff since we interact directly with non-technical clients and keep a very rapid development pace. We keep our project teams small (2-6) and focus on constantly delivering value to our clients through fast iterations, rapid deployment and an agile mindset. We have a highly collaborative environment with no cubicles and no management hierarchy – just a focus on delivering the best code possible.
Thai and Foreign applicants welcome.
Highly competitive salary depending on experience
If this sounds like you, we definitely want to chat.
- You are a confident communicator in English
- You are proactive about ideas and confident enough to speak up when you have an opinion
- You are able to give constructive criticism about the work of others and can receive it about yours
- You strive to be an expert with your toolset
- You tinker, hack and love to be challenged, in and out of your day job
- You enjoy regularly tackling new projects and systems
- You write tests to drive your design, not catch bugs
- You can transform technical concepts into something non-technical people will understand
- You have a solid understanding of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RSpec and related technologies
- You have used and are familiar with Git and Github
- You know how to effectively use a Mac
We take care of our own and offer great benefits to all our employees.
- Salary based on experience but generally higher than all other tech jobs in Bangkok
- Unlimited days off (yes really, we don't track vacation time!)
- All expenses paid when you speak at an event
- Sustainable pace: 35 hours work and 5 hours of 'hack time' per week
- Have the opportunity to work on our own products (yes we run several successful startups too!)
- Monday to Friday work week
- An amazing environment in the brand new Bhiraj Buri Tower at EmQuartier (http://theemdistrict.com) BTS Phrom Phong
- Lots of toys - Pool Table / Arcade Machine / PS4 / Vive / Oculus etc etc
- As many snacks and drinks as you can handle
- Free lunch every Friday from any restaurant you like
- Macbook / Thunderbolt Display on every desk
- Free use of the company helicopter
- Ok that last one was just to see if you are still reading